July 2, 2021
Here are some of the best reasons to try watercolor painting:
- It is easy – when compared to other types of painting, watercolor painting is really easy and you can expect better results in a very short time.
- It is fast – there are certain techniques that you should learn in watercolor painting. Once you learn such techniques, you can do quick washes and spontaneous strokes. This is the beauty of watercolor painting. You may finish your piece in less than an hour and get satisfying results.
- It does not smudge – as compared to charcoal and pastel, watercolor painting doesn’t smudge.
- It dries quickly – in several minutes, your art piece is already dry. If you use oil paints for example, it could take days or even weeks before the piece dries completely.
- ‘Accidents’ can contribute to your creativity – you don’t have to worry about accidents during watercolor painting because it can magically develop into something beautiful. You can even pour the watercolor on the paper as you start your painting and see what designs it can create.
Experts say that using watercolor is hard because the artist or painter can’t control it easily. For beginners, here’s good advice – let the watercolor’s magic work. Don’t interfere at first and see the designs it can create and start painting from there.
If you frequently practice, in time, you will be able to control your strokes and create more artistic and unique watercolor paintings. Never stop learning because by doing so, you can develop more interesting and artistic ideas that you can use in your paintings.