Meet Wendy the Receptionist
Hello…my name is Wendy. I am the receptionist/greeter here at Franklin Simpson Nursing and Rehabilitation. Part of my job is to schedule visits for our residents. Why come for a visit you may wonder. Nursing home visits boosts the resident’s morale, lessens depression, and puts a smile on their face.
Do you know that more than half of the elderly never have a visitor? Sometimes it is because there is no family to visit but many times it is because family members may not know what to say. So, I am going to give you some tips on how to make your visit more enjoyable for all.
- Read to them. Whether it is a beloved book they used to love to read or their favorite Bible story.
- Listen to music. Several of our residents enjoy this.
- Bring old family photos. Reminisce about when they were taken.
- Ask them to tell you about their life, their wedding day, birth of their children, their job, etc…
- If their diet allows, bring them their favorite food or treat.
- Celebrate birthdays and/or anniversaries with a small party.
- Bring a game or coloring book to do together.
There are many activities to fill your time with your loved ones. We are more than excited to help you make your time with them as happy and enjoyable as possible.
If you wish to come visit give me a call 270-586-7141 I would love to connect you with your loved one.