Marry Me Chicken Recipe
February 10, 2023
In honor of Valentines day we wanted to include a recipe for Marry Me Chicken, a dish that many of our residents love dearly.
- 3 large boneless and skinless chicken breasts sliced into thin cutlets
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon ground black pepper
- 6 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 3 cloves garlic minced
- 1 cup chicken stock
- 1 cup heavy cream (double cream in the UK)
- 1/2 cup parmesan cheese grated
- 1 teaspoon chili flakes
- 1/4 teaspoon oregano
- 1/4 teaspoon thyme
- 1/3 cup sundried tomatoes chopped
- 1 tablespoon fresh basil leaves
- Season chicken with salt and pepper, then dredge in flour and shake off any excess.
- In a large skillet, heat olive oil and melt the butter on medium heat. Swirl pan to coat with oil and butter evenly.
- Brown the chicken (do not overcrowd and work in batches if needed) for 4-5 minutes on each side or until golden brown and cooked through. Transfer onto a plate, cover, and set aside.
- Sauté the garlic for a minute or until it’s fragrant. Add the chicken stock and deglaze the pan scraping any bits stuck to the bottom of the pan with a wooden spoon.
- Adjust the heat to medium-low and add the heavy cream and the parmesan cheese to the skillet. Allow the sauce to simmer for a couple of minutes, then season with chili flakes, thyme, and oregano.
- Season with salt and pepper to your taste, add the sundried tomatoes then put the chicken back in the sauce and let the sauce simmer and thicken for a few more minutes.
- Garnish with chopped fresh basil leaves and serve warm over pasta or rice.